Monday, March 19, 2012

DENONE ISAACS

This week’s Dancer/Choreographer shout out goes to Denone Isaacs. Dance isn’t a hobby but more of a sixth sense for this 24 year old
Street dancer from Toronto, Ontario. Dancing and being a part of
Anything from local to industry work, this over achiever found himself
needing a new reality. His overwhelming passion led him to train
harder, broaden his horizon and tap into other styles such as
Jazz, Contemporary and deeper fundamentals of street styles. Grasping
every source he could from his hometown, Denone knew it was about that
time to venture out and create new cosmos. After one dose of the New
York dance scene he knew he found the next degree of development for
His talent. With distinct determination and nerves going through the
roof he told himself his trip was not going to brief. Securing a spot
within Choreographer Rhapsody James Motivating
Excellence Season 2 (www.motivatingexcellenceonline.com), Denone told himself
there is nothing pocket-sized about his dreams. Continuing to train
hard to bring him nothing but success and gratification Denone is
proud to know his dance career has hit the point of revolution.

Bio Provided by Denone


Find out what Denone had to say in this week’s shout out…

Nikki: Do you remember the first time you started dancing?

Denone: The first time I remember me dancing was when I was about 11 or 12 and
it was a school play for Mary Poppins and I was playing Joseph the
chimney sweeper. I did the whole nine singing and dancing and it was
the most amazing experience I could remember. I believe the response I
got made me fall in love with entertainment itself. To be so young and
have people congratulate and ask for your autograph will make anyone
fell like they are on top.

Nikki: Do you remember the first song you choreographed to? (Or your
earliest memory)

Denone: The first song I choreographed to was Next- Too Close. That video was
one of my favorites because of the girl/guy chemistry through the
Choreography.  I just fell in amazement for dance with that and other
Artists at that time. I performed that song with two other friends at
School talent show. My junior school auditorium was to small so my
School would always host it down the street at the local high school.
Another experience of been a small kid with a big heart on a huge
stage.

Nikki: Your personal advice for dancers when it comes to free styling?

Denone: I really believe freestyling is way to let your true essence of a
Dancer out. There are many genres of dance and you end up falling for one
or more. But there is always one that you can perform your best at and
adore. When you move with that style, it’s like watching a free movie
unscripted movie. You just move and allow your heart to guide you.
Never allow yourself to give it much thought or I consider that the
first stage of choreography. I always love to just go in my back in
the late night and dance. Just freestyle and allow my body to explore.
I never freestyle with intention. I just keep it moving.

Nikki: Getting in the zone to choreograph, what does it take for you?

Denone: It definitely takes the right song. I also let that song play on repeat
through headphone to hear every note and nuance. But I draw from a
moment in my life is possible.  Using memories and feelings to help
push through and interpret what I want to show. I really also like
to be outside when doing so. Warm or cold weather it will not stop me
from connecting with mother nature and drawing from the Universe’s energy
to help me along side my vision while creating. I also love
to eat well. I love food so when I am full and content I also feel
good and it puts my mind and body in a calm place. What can I say... I
love food!

Nikki: Who are some of your biggest influences in the Dance industry?

Denone: Some of my biggest influences in the industry are a mixture of
successful dancers, choreographers and music artist I see who managed
to have a successful career and keep working hard. I admire the likes Paula
Abdul, Jennifer Lopez, Wade, Robson, The Nicholas Brother, Rhapsody
James, Tyce Diorio, Sean Cheesman, Gil Duldulao,Mia
Michael & Janet Jackson, Chris Brown and Danielle Polanco. Even though
they may be entertainers I see true dancers at heart first. They all
inspire me in some way every time I go to choreograph myself.

Nikki: Name a Toronto Choreographer you enjoy working with and why?

Denone: A Toronto choreographer I enjoy working with is Jae Blaze. Her energy
is very electric and I love her creative journey process. It feels and
you can tell she loves what she does. She very sure of herself and I
love that fact that she not afraid to do her own thing. I've had the
pleasure to be a dancer for her and will do so anytime she may need me
cause I love to surround myself with figures who truly understand the
industry and not afraid to help and share their shine with others.

Nikki: Name one of your favorite artists to work with and why (Dancer, Musician, Choreographer etc.) ?

Denone: One person I really enjoyed working with is my dance momma Rhapsody James. Being a part of Motivating Excellence and get the opportunity to work with such an inspiring and dedicated women allowed a new way a dance and life thinking. She knows exactly how to push you to be the best you can and show you what was lying inside. Love her choreography and her whole deliverance. Other then her I am another one of my favorite people to work with.

Nikki: Are you currently working on any projects?

Denone: I am currently working on my first major project for the end of the
year. I don’t want to let too much out of the bag but I will say this
might be the exact thing to make myself different from the rest. I’m
just about done the creative thinking process and about to go into
stage two and create the treatment. This project is very dear to me
cause it’s something I thought of a very long time ago and honestly
believe the stage I am in my life is allowing my mind, body and soul to
commit to seeing this through now. All in the right time.

Nikki: Qualities you think Toronto Dancers possess?

Denone:  I feel like Toronto dancers know how to truly be inspired and get a
feeling of wanting to take it to the next level. We can identify with
Greatness and talent and we get moved to the point we see ourselves
there and we do what it take to get there. We train hard, take
classes, workshops etc. to feel just as connected to whatever inspired
us in the first place. I think our love for dance is major cause
unlike Vancouver, Los Angeles or New York, we are not a leading
industry for entertainment so we truly value seeing or being around
such greatness.

Nikki: Any advice for emerging dancers and choreographers
working/training in Toronto?

Denone: Please know why you are doing what you do. Is it a hobby or a
Passion? Never indulge in something just because. Yes you’re going to
have selfish moments and you do thing for your own purposes but
always result back to having a love for dance. I adorn what I do and
nothing or no one can ever stop me from dancing. And the same for you.
Always train and remember just like business people and students, WE
as dancers and teachers also have homework.


THANK YOU DENONE FOR SHARING YOUR LOVE & PASSION WITH T.D.O.T. XO

CHECK OUT SOME FOOTAGE OF DENONE...










No comments:

Post a Comment