Monday, October 31, 2011

ROMEO ENT.

This weeks Dancer/Choreographer shout out goes to Romeo Casellas. Romeo Casellas has been dancing for the past 9 years under the choreography and guidance of the internationally renowned, Luther Brown. "He showed me a whole new light on dance and changed my world forever," he says of Luther. "He helped set a path for me and made me appreciate the love of the dance and choreography in a whole different light."
For over a year Romeo has gradually progressed to teaching and choreographing dances of his own. His biggest project to date has been Canadian R&B sensation, Danny Fernandes. Since the release of Danny's debut album "Intro" in 2008, Romeo and his dance crew have been accompanying Danny on all of his tours and appearances across Canada and overseas. Most recently they performed together at the Midem Music Conference in France. Romeo co-choreographed the tour routines with Luther Brown and Mark Samuels, which were performed at shows all over the country, sharing stages with some of pop culture's biggest stars such as Akon and Sean Kingston, whom they just got off tour with in early 2010.
Throughout his dancing career, Romeo has performed with top musicians and entertainers, such as Rihanna, Nelly Furtato, Danny Fernandes, Cory Lee and many more.  His work in music video and television productions include artists such as Missy Elliot, Shawn Desman, Sean Paul, and Maestro. His company RomeoENT, is an extension of the knowledge and the energy that he has experienced first hand on and off stage."


Bio provided by Romeo


Check out what Romeo had to say in this weeks shout out......

Nikki: Do you remember the first time you started dancing?

Romeo: Well I've always been an entertainer...I didn’t really start dancing till in my late teens/early 20's.

Nikki: Do you remember the first song you choreographed to? (Or your earliest memory)

Romeo: My first song I really choreographed to was a mix...Faith Evans & Carl Thomas/The Dream...came out pretty dope...had T.O's BEST dancing for me!!!

Nikki: Your personal advice for dancers when it comes to free styling?

Romeo: Well when it comes to "free styling" its very important to have your swaaggg to it...plz make sense of it. You can be a wicked free styler, but if you can’t hold a beat it’s going to look off lol.

Nikki: Getting in the zone to choreograph, what does it take for you?

Romeo: What a ZONE...lol..for me it takes a good vibe/good dancers/good music...everything I've ever made has always been ON THE SPOT...its a puzzle an I like figuring out the piece’s.

Nikki: Who are some of your biggest influences in the Dance industry?

Romeo: I'm sure you've heard this a lot...but I'm going to have to say Luther Brown...he's the reason I am where I am & think the way I think when it comes to choreographing.

Nikki: Name a Toronto Choreographer you enjoy working with and why?

Romeo: I have to say I always enjoy working with my DoDat family seeing how I've known them fellas for a while...when Mark Samuels and I or Jungle start on a show mix...ITS CRAZZZZY NON STOP...an we come out with a classic every time lol...like the plug fellas!!!

Nikki: Name one of your favorite artists to work with and why?

Romeo: One of my FAV artist to work with right now is Tyler Medeiros...he gives me 110% every time...He's hungry and always ready to go in to the studio...he's going to be HUGE...my golden boy...lol

Nikki: Are you currently working on any projects?

Romeo: RomeoENT's always got something up the sleeve lol...got a Tyler video we bout to get in an I'm using 10 dancers...I'm HYPE...but I also have my One Night Stand on Nov5th...a class strictly R&B/Slow Jamz only...you can sip on lil smooth white wine, some sweet tooth and some sweet choreo fo dat ass lol...check it out;-)

Nikki: Qualities you think Toronto Dancers possess?

Romeo: T.O dancers have drive...no like they will actually drive to another country to dance...lol...but that’s a good thing...always stay hungry & humble!!!!!

Nikki: Any advice for emerging dancers and choreographers working/training in Toronto?

Romeo: My advice is STAY STRONG/hungry/humble/even when it feels like your getting nowhere, your in the back buff...stay hungry an continue to eat this dance game up..next thing you know...your right there in that front buff...KILLING IT!!!!!...

THANK YOU ROMEO FOR SHARING YOUR PASSION WITH T.D.O.T. XO


CHECK OUT ROMEO'S CHOREO....












No comments:

Post a Comment